Monday, February 8, 2010

SHIPBUILDER

As I was being built by the shipbuilder
under a perfect frenzy
two angry winds
sickened his hand,
for a trickle got lost
the eminent equilibrium.
Friend one with the water
is never born.
Thus I saw as lamentation
my first sailing.
But as soon as the golden showered sea
married my spotless wood
a sweet conscience of acceptance
dressed my head.
Yearning for the winds
to be my adversaries
in black unfortunate open seas
lay peaks to master
up on the grey wounded horizon
seeking for its blue.
Always inside my madness
there's a concern melting me
for my imbalanced deck
that sails over the waves.
Laughing times go by
and angry seasons
but now my sight
in wailing expires
on a magic sequence
of islands
thousands of hidden paradises
with a charming amnesia.
They never concerned me
or drunk I'd forget
small indifferent wastes
that quietly got more and more.
With acute power and bravery
swallowed tons of water
until on a dead beach made of darkness
without realising a thing got shipwrecked.
I stand arid
forgetting the sun
which goes up and down like mad
always getting away
becoming homesick of the foam
constantly cursing
a sinister shipbuilder
that ruined my glory
before I was even born.

No comments: